Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Being BOD 4 UPEX

My becoming a member of the board, for Utah Power Exchange , started a bit unexpectedly. Though the idea intrigued me since becoming a member of UPEX , it was not actually a planned event . Yet there I found myself the new Treasurer of an organization I truly love being part of. Since that event we have held yearly elections , to my surprise the position I hold had no opponents. As a qualifying factor of my surprise , its interesting to note , that I am a person that began to amass a small personal fortune beginning with one of the largest paper routes in Kearns , and by the time I graduated high school and was half way thru college, I was doing better than average . But lost it all, thru divorce ( another rant). From that point on it was a struggle, so much so that eventually thru many events and factors , I actually ended up living on the streets , or more in fact in alleys and on loading docks . The climb back has not been easy , which thankfully is a benefit for it has helped me become more sure of who I am and where I wish to be ( lofty goals and ambitions, but not out of reach for me!), Life is still a payday to payday affair because of the economy and our President , but that's a "Rant" saved for later... Which brings us to the present. And my being on the Board of Directors , in a Financial position -blinks- Thanks goes to all whom elected me , for their confidence in my improvements in the financial records keeping and in me to continue to represent the organization and its members in this capacity. So you ask what brought on all this , it was a blog by our former Secretary, some one who thru the magic of words makes being around her larger than life, We affectingly know her as "Bouncy" because she is affecting! With the words from her finger tips comes the blurring of lines between fantasy and reality , for it matters not when one is immersed with in her writings which is which,all things are or can well be thru the eyes of the writer. Thank you "Bouncy".

1 comment:

darthlaurie said...

Awww thank you! I really don't know what to say:) I can't wait to read about your further adventures on the BOD! How could I not vote for you since you're really the best person for the job since you're one of the most clear-headed and honest people in the community:D
~Bouncy